FLASH NEWS :
- A Proud Moment– Kashvi V Jain of standard 2B won the 2nd prize in NASA OLYMPIAD 2016, a National Level Competition. Click here to view details
- 21st Annual Day Celebrations was held on 18 January 2014 at the Ammu Swaminathan Auditorium.
- Pongal Day Celebrations 2014 held at Asan Memorial Senior Secondary School.
- A K G Navathi Celebration held on January 5th, 2014 click here to view the photos
- The NCC Air Wing unit @ Asan Memorial Senior Secondary School organized an event in E-Waste and launched the waste management program to spread the awareness about E-waste and the need to recycle.
The Asan Memorial Senior Secondary School was started in the year 1966 on 27th of June in commemoration of renowned Malayalam poet Mahakavi Kumaran Asan of Kerala. The school received its CBSE affiliation in 1969 making it the very first CBSE School in Chennai, India and one of the largest in the country. Asan Memorial Senior Secondary School, every year has students who pass out with cent percent results with about 75% first classes. It has also excelled in sports and some of the participants were awarded scholarships by CBSE. Some students are recipients of NCERT Talent Search Scholarship as well.
The School caters to the educational needs of those who would like to have their children brought up in a modern Public School adapted to the form of a Vidyashram, a modern version of our ancient system of education emphasizing all round development of personality and character through life, close contact between the teacher and the taught and a wide range of activities that tent to self-fulfillment. At the same time the school tries to embody some of the features of the English Public School as are suitable to Indian conditions.
The Aim of the school is to build a strong young generation with a sound body, a well trained mind with habits and accomplishments conducive to a fuller, more purposeful and nobler life to blossom into an integrated personality